MOOF believes strongly in promoting the advancement of ecological agriculture around the world.
To achieve this, MOOF desires to:
- Host local and international conferences.
- Teach local farmers to work with nature rather than against it.
- Aid in Kenya’s rural development through promoting sustainable agriculture.
- Teach and demonstrate organic agriculture technologies, such as enhancing natural biological cycles, water conservation, natural pest and disease control, preventing soil erosion, and seed saving technologies.
- Work with local schools and universities to promote sustainable agriculture curriculum
- Host field days where local farmers can visit and learn from our living model
- Host international guests interested in conducting seminars and lectures on organic farming.
- Host training courses such as permaculture certificate.
- Promote agribusiness through farmer cooperatives.
- Train farmers on the production of value-added products
- Visit farmers and conduct rural workshops
- Host community farm tours and exhibitions
- Create an organic question and answer service for the public
- Print educational booklets about organic farming for the community
- Host interns
- Work with students from around the world conducting research on organic farming